Shane and Jamie spent this Saturday building up new GOBOXES. Everyone here at GO BOX Storage is excited about building the new GOBOXES.
Here are DISCOUNT prices for the 2017 GOBOX Online Garage Sale. The sale ends this Friday!
3. Adam Golf Clubs and Bag: $100obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $50obo. SOLD
4. Antique Wooden Rocker: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo. SOLD
5. Rolling Floor Metal Globe: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo. SOLD
7. Entertainment Unit with Separate Glass TV Stand: 7’Lx1’6″D : fair condition: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo. SOLD
15. Ikea LACK: Coffee Table: never used still in box: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo. SOLD
27. Solid Light Wood Queen Bed: good condition: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo.
33. Birdcage and Assorted Equipment: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo.
59. Hexagon Handpainted Box: 18″Wx22″H: $50obo. DISCOUNT PRICE: $25obo. SOLD
60. Engine Stand, Hoist and Jack: $100obo for everything. DISCOUNT PRICE: $50obo.
This week GO BOX Storage was happy to donate 973 pounds of clothing to the 2305 Rocky Mountain Ranger Cadets for their clothing drive. If you have any extra clothing, linen or luggage please consider donating. The donating days are February 16, 2017 between 6pm and 8pm and February 18, 2017 between 11am and 3pm at 169 Briar Avenue, Kamloops, BC.
The 2017 GO BOX Online Garage Sale is open for business!
Every week we will be offering some very special items for sale along with standard household goods. If you are interesting in viewing any of the items please came Monday to Friday 9:00am to noon at 2853 Bowers Place, Kamloops. If you can’t make that time, call 250.318.2003 to arrange an appointment.
1. Kitchenaid Gas Stove: $250: SOLD
2. Tool Lot: Come to view on Saturday, February 4, 2017 ONLY between 10am and noon. No early birds please. SOLD
3. Adam Golf Clubs and Bag: $100obo.
4. Antique Wooden Rocker: $50obo.
5. Rolling Floor Metal Globe: $50obo.
6. Brown Cloth Sofa, Loveseat and Ottoman: $50obo for set. SOLD
7. Entertainment Unit with Separate Glass TV Stand: 7’Lx1’6″D : fair condition: $50obo.
11. Handpainted Privacy Screens: $50obo or both for $75. SOLD
12. Handpainted Privacy Screens: $50obo or both for $75. ONLY one screen left. SOLD
13. Antique Wooden Chair: $50obo. SOLD
15. Ikea LACK: Coffee Table: never used still in box: $50obo.
25. Solid Mahogany Gibbard Canadian Legacy: Low Poster Bed 54″ Double (1606D). Includes head and foot board with side rails. The condition is very good: $200obo. SOLD
26. Solid Mahogany High Poster Queen Bed: good condition: $150obo. SOLD
27. Solid Light Wood Queen Bed: good condition: $50obo.
28. 100% Wool Persian Carpet: 10’9″L x 8’5″D. In good condition. There is also a small prayer carpet with the same pattern: $200obo. SOLD
30. legal-sized filing cabinet: $50obo: SOLD
33. Birdcage and Assorted Equipment: $50obo.
59. Hexagon Handpainted Box: 18″Wx22″H: $50obo.
60. Engine Stand, Hoist and Jack: $100obo for everything.
GO BOX Storage is a local mobile storage company based in Kamloops, BC. We specialize in moving and storage. GO BOX Storage is looking for a part-time delivery driver and forklift operator. This position does not require working nights or weekends. APPLICANT MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MOFFETT FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE.
1. Deliver GOBOXES to customers’ homes
2. Operate a variety of forklifts safely
3. Follow GOBOX delivery system procedures
4. Safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy
5. Maintain record keeping systems as required by management
6. Provide excellent customer service
7. Maintain and operate company vehicles
8. Assist in loading and unloading of GOBOXES
9. Work on additional tasks as required by management
1. Class 1
2. Moffett forklift experience
3. Current forklift ticket
4. Clean driver’s abstract
5. Healthy and in good physical condition
6. Able to work independently and professionally with little supervision
Other Valued Skills:
1. Moving company experience
2. Equipment operating experience
3. Equipment maintenance experience
4. Basic math skills and legible printing
5. Polite manner
For more information please see: goboxstorage.ca. To apply for this position please email a cover letter, resume and driver’s abstract (no more than 30 days old) to: email@example.com.
If you just don’t have the time to use the GOBOX Estimator and it hasn’t been a long time since your last move, think about the size of the vehicle you used in your last move. If you used a van in your last move, this is equal to one GOBOX. If you used a 16′ cube truck, this is equal to three GOBOXES. If you used a five ton, 24′ cube truck, this is equal to five or six GOBOXES. If you used a semi-trailer truck, this is equal to ten GOBOXES. If you used a small vehicle and did multiple trips or you moved over five years ago you may need to use the GOBOX Estimator.
The Estimator is easy to use but it does require an investment of time. By using the Estimator, you will have a clear picture of how big your move really is. The Estimator will mentally get you in the mood to move and brings your awareness to all the items that need to be sold, given away, or dumped. The Estimator is useful if you haven’t moved in a while or have substantially increased your possessions. The Estimator is most useful if you need a precise number for budgeting purposes.
Here are the steps for using the Estimator:
- Print off a copy of the GOBOX Estimator. You can find a printable copy of the GOBOX Estimator Worksheet on the Resources page of the website. Use this copy to do your inventory.
- Start at the front door of the house. Methodically go through each room on the main floor. Then go upstairs, followed by the basement, garage, and any other out buildings. Again, be methodical.
- Mentally name each room: entry hall, dining room, kitchen, living room, office, etc. Give a tally mark for all of the furniture on your Estimator sheet. Later, add up all the tally marks for a total number of a given item.
- If you have an unlisted item that’s larger than 5 cubic feet rename a similar sized item from the list. The goal is to have all furniture itemized on your Estimator sheet.
- After estimating all of the furniture in a room, estimate the cubic feet of the remaining contents. Estimating the contents of a room is hard but you don’t have to do a perfect job. Estimate how many cubic feet it would take to pack all of the remaining stuff in each room. The remaining content of a room is everything minus the furniture. This includes all the stuff in drawers, closets, cabinets and all small items like lamps. If the contents are already in boxes it’s easy. Add up the number of boxes times the size of the box to get the cubic feet. If the content is not boxed — which is usually the case — you just have to guess. Record each room’s contents separately on the Estimator sheet.
- When you are done, either manually add up all the contents page by page, or go back to your computer and re-enter all of the information into the GOBOX Estimator on the website. If you prefer, there is an Excel Spreadsheet GOBOX Estimator on the Resources page that works in a similar way to the online GOBOX Estimator.
SOS TIP: Contents should be around 40% of the total furniture volume but it can be anywhere from 20% to 60%. This is a common place for people to underestimate how much stuff they have.
SOS TIP: If you get stuck or have problems using the GOBOX Estimator please give us a call at 250.374.4646. We can have our moving and storage expert talk you through the process.
A backhaul is a trucking term for a returning trip that comes back over part or all of the same route. Many times a truck is empty for a backhaul. GO BOX Storage has a number of backhaul spaces for this summer. This means the GO BOX Storage truck is empty and can carry your possessions back to Kamloops at a reduced price.
If you know of friends or family that are moving to Kamloops forward this backhaul schedule and help them save money. To book a backhaul please contact Shaen Cooper at 250.318.2003.
Below is the GO BOX Storage backhaul (empty truck) schedule for summer 2016. This schedule will be updated as the situation changes.
1. Backhaul (empty truck) from Mission, BC to Kamloops, BC on August 11, 2016. COMPLETED. One mover is available for assisting with loading. Please call Shaen at 250.318.2003 to make arrangements.
2. Backhaul (empty truck) from Vancouver, BC to Kamloops, BC on August 18, 2016. COMPLETED. One mover is available for assisting with loading. Please call Shaen at 250.318.2003 to make arrangements.
3. Backhaul (empty truck) from Chilliwack, BC to Kamloops, BC on August 30, 2016. COMPLETED. One mover is available for assisting with loading. Please call Shaen at 250.318.2003 to make arrangements.
It’s that time of year again for the GO BOX Storage FREE U-PICK!
PLEASE check into the office first and we will show you where to pick. We have TONS of cherries, some currants, and TONS of raspberries. We are located at 2853 Bowers Pl, Kamloops.
The FREE U-PICK is open from 9am to noon on Monday to Friday, July 11-15th, 2016. PLEASE come ONLY during these times. Thanks.
Updated July 20, 2016: We’re having one more day for the FREE U-PICK on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 between 9:00am to noon! TODAY ONLY.
It’s getting HOT out there and GO BOX Storage wants to help with your move. We have some MORE moving kits to give away to the first 12 new GO BOX Storage customers in July 2016.
It’s easy to visit your GOBOX while in storage. All customers need to do is give 24 hours’ notice to visit your GOBOX. There’s no cost to visit your GOBOX while it is in storage either. Normal visiting hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
But sometimes this doesn’t work for some customers because they can’t visit during regular business hours. GO BOX Storage has been trying to come up with a creative solution that will work for these customers while not creating additional staffing costs or security problems. The new GOBOX visiting area is our answer to more flexibility for customers’ visits.
The GOBOX visiting area is located between the heated and unheated warehouses just behind the office. There is room to visit five GOBOXES at one time. The GOBOX visiting area will be completed in three parts over this summer. Step 1 and 2 have been completed. Step 3 will be completed during the summer.
- Build and test the new GOBOX visiting area.
- Installation of a security camera system for monitoring the visiting area and yard.
- A controlled access gate for the GO BOX Storage yard.
Added security does cost and can be inconvenient. We are hoping to minimizes both the cost and inconvenience while increasing security and service. After the gate goes up, access to the yard will be restricted to people with fobs or those with a limited access code. We are hoping these changes with improve GOBOX visitor satisfaction and the general security for the GO BOX Storage yard.
It’s moving season and GO BOX Storage wants to help with your move. We have some more moving kits to give away to the first 12 new GO BOX Storage customers in June 2016.