This is the GO BOX Storage truck and Moffett forklift in action delivering GOBOXES in Kamloops.
GO BOX Storage is a local mobile storage company based in Kamloops, BC. We specialize in moving and storage. GO BOX Storage is looking for a part-time delivery driver and forklift operator. This position does not require working nights or weekends. APPLICANT MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MOFFETT FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE.
1. Deliver GOBOXES to customers’ homes
2. Operate a variety of forklifts safely
3. Follow GOBOX delivery system procedures
4. Safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy
5. Maintain record keeping systems as required by management
6. Provide excellent customer service
7. Maintain and operate company vehicles
8. Assist in loading and unloading of GOBOXES
9. Work on additional tasks as required by management
1. Class 1
2. Moffett forklift experience
3. Current forklift ticket
4. Clean driver’s abstract
5. Healthy and in good physical condition
6. Able to work independently and professionally with little supervision
Other Valued Skills:
1. Moving company experience
2. Equipment operating experience
3. Equipment maintenance experience
4. Basic math skills and legible printing
5. Polite manner
For more information please see: goboxstorage.ca. To apply for this position please email a cover letter, resume and driver’s abstract (no more than 30 days old) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you just don’t have the time to use the GOBOX Estimator and it hasn’t been a long time since your last move, think about the size of the vehicle you used in your last move. If you used a van in your last move, this is equal to one GOBOX. If you used a 16′ cube truck, this is equal to three GOBOXES. If you used a five ton, 24′ cube truck, this is equal to five or six GOBOXES. If you used a semi-trailer truck, this is equal to ten GOBOXES. If you used a small vehicle and did multiple trips or you moved over five years ago you may need to use the GOBOX Estimator.
The NEW GOBOX Estimator is useful if you haven’t moved in a long time and for budgeting purposes. The Estimator will give you a clear picture of how big your move really is.
The Estimator is easy to use but it does require an investment of time. By using the Estimator, you will have a clear picture of how big your move really is. The Estimator will mentally get you in the mood to move and brings your awareness to all the items that need to be sold, given away, or dumped. The Estimator is useful if you haven’t moved in a while or have substantially increased your possessions. The Estimator is most useful if you need a precise number for budgeting purposes.
Here are the steps for using the Estimator:
- Print off a copy of the GOBOX Estimator. You can find a printable copy of the GOBOX Estimator Worksheet on the Resources page of the website. Use this copy to do your inventory.
- Start at the front door of the house. Methodically go through each room on the main floor. Then go upstairs, followed by the basement, garage, and any other out buildings. Again, be methodical.
- Mentally name each room: entry hall, dining room, kitchen, living room, office, etc. Give a tally mark for all of the furniture on your Estimator sheet. Later, add up all the tally marks for a total number of a given item.
- If you have an unlisted item that’s larger than 5 cubic feet rename a similar sized item from the list. The goal is to have all furniture itemized on your Estimator sheet.
- After estimating all of the furniture in a room, estimate the cubic feet of the remaining contents. Estimating the contents of a room is hard but you don’t have to do a perfect job. Estimate how many cubic feet it would take to pack all of the remaining stuff in each room. The remaining content of a room is everything minus the furniture. This includes all the stuff in drawers, closets, cabinets and all small items like lamps. If the contents are already in boxes it’s easy. Add up the number of boxes times the size of the box to get the cubic feet. If the content is not boxed — which is usually the case — you just have to guess. Record each room’s contents separately on the Estimator sheet.
- When you are done, either manually add up all the contents page by page, or go back to your computer and re-enter all of the information into the GOBOX Estimator on the website. If you prefer, there is an Excel Spreadsheet GOBOX Estimator on the Resources page that works in a similar way to the online GOBOX Estimator.
Estimating contents is where many people go wrong. The Estimator will help you to not forget about contents.
SOS TIP: Contents should be around 40% of the total furniture volume but it can be anywhere from 20% to 60%. This is a common place for people to underestimate how much stuff they have.
SOS TIP: If you get stuck or have problems using the GOBOX Estimator please give us a call at 250.374.4646. We can have our moving and storage expert talk you through the process.
This is the new GOBOX visiting area. You can see one of the new security cameras on top of the unheated warehouse’s door. We hope this new visiting area will improve your storage experience while maintaining security.
It’s easy to visit your GOBOX while in storage. All customers need to do is give 24 hours’ notice to visit your GOBOX. There’s no cost to visit your GOBOX while it is in storage either. Normal visiting hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
But sometimes this doesn’t work for some customers because they can’t visit during regular business hours. GO BOX Storage has been trying to come up with a creative solution that will work for these customers while not creating additional staffing costs or security problems. The new GOBOX visiting area is our answer to more flexibility for customers’ visits.
The GOBOX visiting area is located between the heated and unheated warehouses just behind the office. There is room to visit five GOBOXES at one time. The GOBOX visiting area will be completed in three parts over this summer. Step 1 and 2 have been completed. Step 3 will be completed during the summer.
- Build and test the new GOBOX visiting area.
- Installation of a security camera system for monitoring the visiting area and yard.
- A controlled access gate for the GO BOX Storage yard.
Added security does cost and can be inconvenient. We are hoping to minimizes both the cost and inconvenience while increasing security and service. After the gate goes up, access to the yard will be restricted to people with fobs or those with a limited access code. We are hoping these changes with improve GOBOX visitor satisfaction and the general security for the GO BOX Storage yard.
Each moving kit has a sofa cover, chair cover and fragile tape. The retail value is $9.27.
It’s moving season and GO BOX Storage wants to help with your move. We have some more moving kits to give away to the first 12 new GO BOX Storage customers in June 2016.
All packed up and ready to go. We hope this small moving gift helps with your move!
GO BOX Storage is giving away a FREE moving package to the first 14 new customers.
This month the updated GO BOX Storage website went live. We are grateful for the professional work done by the nice people at FRESH Inc, a local website and media company. Our customers’ feedback is that the website is easier to navigate and looks awesome on a mobile device. Thank you for your feedback! We feel really good about the new website and we want to celebrate!
As you know, it’s moving season and GO BOX Storage wants to help with your move. We have some moving packages to give away for FREE to the first 14 new GO BOX Storage customers.
All packed up and ready to go. Each moving package has a sofa cover, chair cover, fragile mail tape, clear mail tape and moving labels. The retail value is $13.21.
POST by Shaen Cooper
I’ve had many questions about how GO BOX Storage moves GOBOXES around Kamloops. This photo essay will go into detail about the process.
This is a picture from the truck. I’m picking up the two GOBOXES you can see at the end of the street.
After the owner moves his car I’ll be able to pick up the GOBOXES. If you are not going to be home it’s a good idea to make sure the area in front of the GOBOXES is clear.
I get onto the self-loading forklift which piggy-backs on the rear of the truck.
After I bring the forklift down to ground level, I’m ready to go.
The forklift is very maneuverable and can handle extreme slopes. Basically, the forklift can go anywhere in Kamloops!
The forklift quickly loads the GOBOX keeping the load flat and secure.
The hydraulics pull the GOBOX into the arms of the forklift so the GOBOX cannot tip. The GOBOX then can be safety carried back to the truck. Sometimes this can be quite a distance if I cannot park the truck next to the house.
The GOBOX is then carried back to the truck and lifted onto the flat deck.
We can take up to five GOBOXES on the main truck and up to nine GOBOXES with the truck and trailer.
Once the GOBOXES are on the truck they are securely strapped down. The forklift is then reloaded onto the back of the truck.
Now I’m ready to take your GOBOXES back to the heated warehouse for storage or directly to your new home.
GO BOX Storage does custom moving. Even if you have something very special you want moved, give us a call!
GO BOX Storage specializes in local moving and storage in the Kamloops area but we also do regional moves and assisted moves for our customers. If you decide that you don’t want to move yourself, GO BOX Storage can do the move for you. Even if you have something very special you want moved — give us a call!
SOS TIP: If you just moved to a new place, and have just started a new job, and are too busy to move yourself, GO BOX Storage does regional moves in BC or Alberta. We can even pack up your stuff for you! If you’re behind on your packing, ask us about assisted loading.
These are the standard motorcycle trays used to ship motorcycles from the factory to the store. These trays can be safely lifted with a forklift for secure storage in a GOBOX.
GO BOX Storage has been securely storing motorcycles for a number of years. Normally, we put the bike on a motorcycle tray, ratchet-strap the bike down and insert the tray into a GOBOX. The GOBOX is then locked and placed in the heated warehouse for the winter. This solution works great for most bikes — except for the biggest bikes.
Dealing with these big bikes has been a problem. We would put these bikes on cut-down motorcycle trays but even though we cut-down the trays, the bikes were still too long for a GOBOX. Finally, we have come up with a new solution. We are now altering some GOBOXES for storage of big bikes by installing two tie-down points in the GOBOX. Now, even the biggest bikes fit into a GOBOX!
Here’s a Harley getting ready for winter storage in a GOBOX. Using the new tie-down system, the bike easily fits into the GOBOX.
The two tie-downs are installed into the floor of the GOBOX through one of the crossbeams.
The bike is secured to the two tie-downs by two ratchet-straps. This bike isn’t going anywhere!
After the bike is securely tied into the GOBOX, there is plenty of room around the bike for storing motorcycle gear before locking the GOBOX.
GO BOX Storage wants to celebrate Christmas with cheaper RV storage!
Are you still looking for RV storage? If so, GO BOX Storage is lowering our RV storage rate starting NOW. Call 250.374.4646 for our new pricing or come for a visit.
If you would like to help support a small, family-run business, go “like” GO BOX Storage on Facebook.